With a new baby coming, I started to think about Finn & Stephen sharing a bedroom. At first, I was just going to set up Stephen’s bed in Finn’s room and move him in there when the time was right. But I realized that the best room for 2 kids was actually Stephen’s room. Simply because of where the closet was in the room, it gave more walls for more beds & dresser. So that meant:
- Making the nursery into a “big boy” room.
- Moving Finn into that “big boy” room now.
- Making the current “big boy” room into a “nursery”.
- Moving Stephen into that “nursery”.
- Move Stephen into the “big boy” room when Baby #3 comes.
- Baby #3 sleeps in the “nursery.”
Since I was never really thrilled about the color of the nursery, I wanted to repaint. I didn’t have to – it was a perfectly fine color; just not one that I wanted anymore. And it’s easier to repaint it when you’re moving furniture around anyway AND before 2 boys sleep there instead of 1. So I repainted it white. Stark white. Never had a white room before.
BUT…I also did a big stripe near the bottom (but not at the bottom) of the wall. AND I painted the trim! I didn’t do the door trim yet — not brave enough for that, but I did the trim next to the floor! I LOVE the way it looks, so that’s further confirmation that it’s the path that I want to go.
I don’t have any BEFORE pictures, but here’s the AFTER pictures. (BTW…one of my goals for 2015 is to photograph my house – as it is, in all it’s imperfections. It’ll be fun for memory lane sakes.)
It isn’t done, of course.
- I ordered curtains in navy for the room. Didn’t like them. Will keep looking.
- We’ll set up a Toddler bed in there for Stephen in a couple of months. It’ll go across from Finn’s next to the window.
- The boys have coordinating bedspreads (which they didn’t get for Christmas). Eventually, they’ll get those. Finn already has a comforter, but with potty training, it’s easier to use blankets because when accidents happen, I can wash everything in 1 load.
- I want to add more 8×11 pictures to the wall, which I’ll do over time. When Baby #3 is born, we’ll take family pictures again, so that might provide a nice opportunity for more photos.