April is a packed month for my family when it comes to birthdays. 2 of my kids have birthdays. There’s a sister-in-law, a brother-in-law and 2 nieces. And my sister is currently overdue for her 4th child. May also has a lot – both of my in-laws, another niece, plus Mother’s Day. April kind of kicks off birthday season!
BUT…this post is about Samuel. Aka: Sammy. He turned 2 yesterday! We celebrated simply: just pizza, cake & ice cream, and presents at our house. Jeff’s parents came into town to join us.
It’s hard to buy presents for a 2-year-old, especially when he has 2 older brothers and already has lots of toys. We keep things simple for birthdays anyway, so he got some bath toys, a couple books, a bulldozer for the backyard and a movie-watching-blanket. So far, the bulldozer is the favorite toy – well, at least for Stephen as he’s kind of hijacked it!
We’ll go to the doctor’s office in a couple of weeks and I’ll get his official height/weight stats, but he’s growing well!
Highlights of his life:
- He loves watching his older brothers, trying to join in when he can.
- He loves “helping” Baby Ben by trying to feed him (and eating his puffs instead), get him a blankie, or change his diaper. He also likes to run to his room when he hears Ben awaken. “Ake! Ake! Ake!” he yells.
- He’s been potty training for the last 6 weeks or so. He’s doing great!
- He does great at going to childcare when I go to Bible Study or MOPS. He grabs his little bag that has extra clothes/diapers in it and walks right in by himself, handing the bag to the teacher.
- He’s finally learned to love baths! This took a LONG time and he still dislikes them about half the time, but now, he does so much better!
- He’s a major FOODIE. It’s like I can’t feed him often enough. Kid’s pretty darn thin, so I don’t know where he’s putting it. But he always wants to be eating! He starts whining for food as soon as he sees me start dinner.
- He loves his blankie still. Must have it to sleep. Grabs it randomly to just hold. It’s quite the treasured possession.
- He shares a room with Finn and they do pretty well together. Occasionally, they’ll play too long and I’ll have to break it up, but usually they do great together!