Okay, December 2016 isn’t officially over yet, but let’s pretend that nothing momentous is gonna happen in the next few days and this is a “good enough” recap. I’m loving “good enough” these days!
- Ben turned 6 months old!
- We got our first snow — well, enough snow to play in without being enough snow to make the roads a mess.
- Finn had his Christmas program at his preschool.
- We had Christmas!
- We had my sister’s side of the family over a couple of days before Christmas for a “Cousin Christmas”, having spent the morning at Bounce U and then we ate pizza and opened gifts that night.
- We went to Jeff’s side of the family for Christmas day. No snow at all! Weather was rainy in fact. Not very cold, but windy.
- The most fought over gift was Stephen’s new toothbrush. Who knew?!
- Big highlights: Finn got a real bike (with training wheels). Stephen got a balance bike. All the boys got a bounce house/inflatable.
- Finn’s diet changes & chiropractor treatments are going really, really well. More about that later, but I’m very happy with some of the differences we’re seeing. Definitely not out of the woods yet, but major progress is being made.
- Almost all of us got a cold or something. Ben had it the worst; his cough lasted for a couple of weeks and really messed with his sleeping schedule.
- We spent a lot of time in our pajamas – with sickness, days off school, no places to go. So nice!
- Jeff had several days off towards the end of the month. A full day off here. A half day off there. It was nice! We even got in a couple of afternoon movie dates!
- We had some financial setbacks:
- Our clothes washer died.
- Our furnace got “twitchy” and needed some TLC.
- The check engine light went on for the van. $1200 later…