So, here’s how our Halloween went this year:
About 2 weeks before Halloween:
- Stephen wanted to be Thomas the train for Halloween. So I ordered him a costume in time for him to open it for his 3rd birthday.
- Finn kept changing his mind on what he wanted to be. I got all kinds of answers: mashed potatoes, a super hero, a bad guy, a monkey, a puppy, a bad guy who eats people (what!??!) I finally pinned him down to a super hero lion because we already had a lion costume and I’d just make a cape. He picked red for his cape.
- Sammy was going to be either Tigger (from Winnie the Pooh) or a puppy, depending on the weather.
1 week before Halloween:
- It was Stephen’s birthday. He opened his costume. Unimpressed. Still said he wanted to be Thomas though.
- I made Finn’s cape. Didn’t do that great of a job, but he liked it.
1 hour before Trick-or-Treating on Halloween:
- Finn put on the lion costume.
- Stephen refused to put on the Thomas costume. “I don’t want that.” So on went a puppy costume that he also got for his birthday.
- So Jeff put the Thomas costume on Sammy. Fit great. He refused to wear the neckerchief thing and the hat. Kept ripping it off. Oh well.
- Ben got put into the dalmatian costume that we had. Very itchy costume so it was on just long enough to take a picture.
30 minutes before Trick-or-Treating on Halloween:
- Finn said the lion costume itched too much. But he still liked the cape.
- So we debated if he could go trick-or-treating with just a cape. We nixxed that idea.
- But we didn’t have another costume that fit him.
- We went down to the basement to grab another lion costume that I had planned on giving him for Christmas. But now he no longer wanted the cape.
So..here’s our picture:
(Not a great shot, but it’s the best I got!)
And here’s Finn in the costume-he-really-went-Trick-or-Treating-in: