Last year, I wrote that Samuel might have craniosyntosis and need the same surgery that Finn had. Well, the decision is still to be determined. We did a CT scan last fall and the results were inconclusive. His skull wasn’t fused, but his skull bones are more “narrow” than they should be.
So in April, we had an appointment with the cranio-facial surgeons and the results were: still inconclusive. It isn’t a “slam dunk YES” nor a “slam dunk NO”. Check back this summer.
Last week, we met again with the team and again the answer is inconclusive. So rather than solely waiting, we’re getting another CT Scan this week to see what the bones look like on the inside. Whatever the result is, I just want an answer. A straight up Yes or a straight up No. And if surgery is ever going to be needed, then I’d like it sooner rather than later. Surgery on a 1 year old is easier than surgery on a 5 year old.
Here we (maybe!) go again!
A recent picture of him – the best one that I have that shows what his head shape is now: