Summary: Still pregnant, despite some really strong contractions this weekend. Contractions that clearly didn’t go anywhere. Beyond that, here’s what’s happened (so far) this 38th week of pregnancy.
Monday, I went to the hospital for a version
- Since Baby had been breech the week before, I checked into the hospital yesterday for a version. They did a quick ultrasound and confirmed: baby wasn’t breech anymore. I suspected that was the case, but I didn’t want to be wrong, so I kept the appointment anyway. They sent me home – no big deal!
Today, I went to my OB:
- Since I’m a stay-at-home mom now, I got a babysitter for my kids since I had back-to-back doctor’s appointments. But I decided to take my oldest, Finn (4 years old), with me and the babysitter kept the youngest two.
- Easy peasy doctor’s appointment!
- Baby’s heartbeat was in the 140s.
- My blood pressure was good.
- Baby was still head down.
- I was down 2 pounds again, but not concerned.
- I was dilated at 2 centimeters (aka: no change), but now 50% effaced.
- My doctor is out of town starting Thursday through Wednesday, so he again reminded me that if I go into labor then, it will be one of his partners that will deliver me.
Today, I saw my perinatologist:
- A super quick appointment. Finn and I had an hour to wait in between appointments, so we enjoyed some cheese, chocolate milk and a salad from the hospital dining room in between appointments.
- At the appointment, they were able to get the measurements that they needed really quickly and saw that everything was fine with baby.
- My perinatologist still recommend inducing end of next week when my OB gets back as that is week 39 and I’m AMA (Advanced Maternal Age). aka: old. I still hope that I go on my own before then.