I missed my 30-week check up due to car issues. (You know the kind where you’re literally 1 mile away from your destination, but your van won’t turn over, so you ain’t going even though you’re this.close to the place you need to be? That kind.)
But that’s okay – I moved it to 31 weeks and canceled the 32 week check up. I feel good. Lots of movement. No major issues, so I felt comfortable doing that. If something changed, then I can always call the doctor.
So, I got to the doctor today. Uneventful:
- Yes, my lab work was good last time at 28 weeks – no gestational diabetes. Which I knew since they didn’t call. No news = good news.
- My platelets are starting to drop. Not majorly concerning yet, but they’ll keep an eye on them. This happened in my first pregnancy too.
- I should continue to see the perinatologist. Reason: I’m still old. Darn that turning 36 last summer! They just get worried that the placenta will start to age in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Not sure how worried I should really be about that.
- They like to induce their “older” moms at 39 weeks, but that’s up to me. Part of the concern about the placenta aging. We’ll see what I feel like doing then. A planned induction certainly makes finding childcare easier for the older 3. But I had better birth experiences when I wasn’t induced. Being induced wasn’t the worst thing in the world, but it has been better for me not to be.
- There’s nothing he sees that would make them think that they have to induce – my blood pressure is great, baby seems to be growing, my vitamin levels are bad, but delivery isn’t going to fix that.
Bottom line: Baby is doing well. I’m doing well. Keep waiting!