It’s done!!!! All done! (Well, as done as we’re gonna get right now.)
We literally installed the last door knob and coat hook the other day on all the spaces that we remodeled. Now I’m gonna do my best to show you the results! Today, it’s all about the Kitchen.
(Click here to see all Remodel 2015 posts.)
Scope of work:
- Take down pretty much every wall!
- Remove the wall between the kitchen & laundry room to make a larger “mudroom”.
- Remove the wall between the kitchen & office space to make one larger room and room for a walk-in pantry. This wall was load-bearing, so also installed a header beam to support the house.
- Remove the wall between the kitchen & living room to make an open floor plan.
- Move the plumbing from an exterior wall of the house to the middle of the kitchen.
- Install custom cabinets.
- Install a 10 foot island/food prep space.
- Install new cabinets, countertop, flooring, tile backsplash.
- Create walk-in pantry with custom shelving & drawers.
- Create “mudroom” by adding cubbies & bench seating in previous laundry room space.
- Contractor: Maple Shadows
- Custom Cabinets: Fox Cabinets, shaker style
- Main Wall Color: Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Pantry Wall Color: Dorian Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Island Color: Dovetail by Sherwin Williams
- Flooring: by US Floors, Luxury Vinyl Planks in Deep Smoked Oak
- Island Pendant: From Minka Group (found at Echo Lighting in Omaha)
- Backsplash Tile: allen + roth Smoke Glass Wall Tile from Lowes
- Countertop: Cambria Torquay (Quartz) (from CKF in Omaha)
- Pantry: Custom designed by Derrick at Maple Shadows Construction.
- Mudroom: Custom designed by Derrick at Maple Shadows Construction.
Some Before Pictures:
Side by Side Comparison:
View from living room:
Office/Playroom Before to Eating Area:
View from door from the garage: