It’s done!!!!!! Well, practically.
(Click here to see all Remodel 2015 posts.)
Here’s what we have left:
- I’ve changed my mind on the color of the kitchen walls, so we need to repaint those.
- The bathroom needs to be painted.
- The white woodwork in the kitchen & bath needs painted.
- I need to purchase & install some small “finishing” things like blinds in the new basement bedroom, dining area of the kitchen and great room in the basement.
- Painting the bench & shelves in the “mudroom” area of our laundry room.
The painting will be done after New Year’s Day, but the blinds and curtains aren’t urgent.
The contractors were finished last week, allowing me to put the kitchen back together. Picking out where to put plates and bowls and serving spoons. Filling up my walk-in pantry. The shower doors weren’t installed until today, but that’s been done now. And the carpet has been laid in the basement today and the furniture moved back in (yay — we can park in the garage again!)
Until the painting is done, I won’t have final pictures. But it’s looking good. Really good. I’m so pleased with it. I was most nervous about my tile selection in the bathroom, but I love it!