This time, it really is a baby. We’re not as surprised as, say, Mary & Joseph were, but we’re still pretty darn surprised.
Last week, Jeff and I were supposed to meet to go over our budget. I had an inkling that maybe I should take a test (fully expecting it to be negative), so I did. Positive.
No way, I thought. I’ll take another. Positive. Right away kind of positive.
But, still, I thought. That might be a fluke. I better get another test — the digital kind of test. Nothing can be unclear about a digital test. No ambiguity there. So I run to the store, get another test, take it. Yup. Totally pregnant. Oh boy.
A Summary Of This Moment In My Life:
- I am the mother to 3 little boys. A 3 1/2 year old. A barely 2 year old. And a 6 month old.
- We are 2 weeks into an 11 week remodel where we lost our kitchen and master bath.
- Where they shut off electricity for big chunks of days to install new fuse boxes.
- Where they turn off water often to install new plumbing and move pipes.
- Where they’ve roped of 6 feet of our living room to better contain the construction. And where our kitchen table was moved into the living room. Giving us about 60 square feet of space to actually live in.
- Because of that remodel, my husband’s “office” has been moved into our bedroom, causing there to be more furniture in there than there ought to be.
- Dust is everywhere. You just can’t contain that stuff!
- My sister moved to South Carolina last month, causing a big void in my life.
- That same sister was my babysitter, causing us to hire a nanny. Which isn’t going super well. Mostly because of the construction in the home. So we’re switching to a daycare, something I wanted to avoid.
- My OB, who has been my doctor for almost 2 decades, has stopped taking pregnancy patients to focus on other areas of her practice.
The good news? It’s a baby!!!!
In June, This Will Be A Summary of My Life:
- I will be the mother of 4 little ones. A 4 year old boy. A 2 1/2 year old boy. A 1 year old boy. And a newborn.
- The remodel will be over!
- We will have a master bathroom that I can shower in.
- We will have a finished basement with an official bedroom. And a mancave. And a living room.
- We will have a kitchen that is fully functional – a working oven & stovetop, a microwave, and a fridge. Appliances that aren’t in our entryway!
- We will have our living room back.
- We will have order back in our life!