(Click here to see all Remodel 2015 posts.)
The contractors come tomorrow! The contractors come tomorrow! The contractors come tomorrow! We’re almost ready for them!
I spent the last week or so:
- Making lots of meals for the freezer.
- Making a menu plan for the next couple of months.
- Removing everything out of kitchen drawers and cabinets.
- Getting toys purged and moved into the living room.
- Changing the layout of the living room to accommodate the toys and the fact that one of the walls is being removed.
- Trying out different paint samples on the walls.
We’ve had one of those paper chain countdown things to prepare the boys (mostly Finn) about the process. He pretty much just knows that the “men are coming to knock down the walls”. Anything more we tell him just goes over his head.
Then, last night, we moved our loveseat into the garage (we’re losing the ability to use that parking space anyway because of the dumpster that will be put in 1/2 the driveway) and moved our kitchen table into the living room. We covered the floor with plastic because you know there will be spills! While I plan to get the carpets cleaned after all the construction, better to not have to clean up spaghetti!
As a reminder, here are some before shots:
Here’s what we have right now: