(Click here to see all Remodel 2015 posts.)
Starting next week, the contractors will be here to:
- Pretty much gut our laundry room, kitchen, and formal dining room to make more of a mud room and a bigger eat-in kitchen.
- Re-do our master bath by removing the “plastic” shower and making a tiled, walk-in shower. It’d be nice to get a tub in there, but I just wasn’t willing to sacrifice the closet!
- Start finishing off our basement.
There’s much that we want to do with the basement, but this will be just part of it. We’re removing a window and installing an egress window to make a conforming bedroom and walling off a storage room. The rest of the basement will be mostly unfinished. In a few years, we’ll carpet it, install a kitchenette and a bathroom. The plumbing is all roughed in down there; it was just more than we wanted to pay for right now.
Here are the basic plans:
We’re just making a couple of changes to this plan:
- The island will be shortened slightly on both sides to make “traffic” flow easier.
- We aren’t installing the cabinets by the kitchen table right away. I think I want a furniture piece (if anything). That’s easy to add after the fact if I change my mind.
Here are the things that I think we’re going with. When it’s all said and done, I’ll let you know what we really use!
Some cool 3D renderings: