This is the other room about to undergo a massive transformation. This fall, we’ll:
- Knock out the wall between the kitchen & the living room to make an open floor plan.
- Knock out the wall between the kitchen & what-should-be-a-formal-dining-room-but-its-really-a-toy-room to make a big kitchen.
- Expand the laundry room a bit to have a “mud room” kind of area.
- Remove all the cabinets and countertops and go with a completely different floor plan.
- Move the plumbing from the wall it’s on to a different wall.
- Install a long island for food prep and with a “breakfast bar” kind of seating.
- Install a walk-in pantry for food and small appliance storage.
- Get all new applicances. All new flooring. All new cabinets. All new countertops. All new lighting. All new everything!
But here’s what it looks like now:
The upper left picture is from the living room looking in.
The upper right picture is from the garage. To your left is our laundry room and straight ahead you can see into the its-a-dining-room-but-really-its-a-toy-room.
The bottom picture is the view from the kitchen onto the back deck. A bad picture, but it gives a glimpse of the trees!
The only thing missing in these pictures is our kitchen table. I took these pictures when our table was still at the old house since it was still on the market. You’ll just have to use your imagination that we have one.