Our living room is a room of transition right now.
When we first moved in:
- We replaced the carpet. (It had the same pink-ish color that was in all the bedrooms).
- We painted the walls. The same Home Depot’s Almond Wisp that we used pretty much everywhere.
- We didn’t have any furniture in there. We left the couches at the old house as it was back on the market. (Oh yeah, the people who were going to buy our house backed out the weekend before closing, so we had to re-list it).
It made for a nice big place to play, but now that the old house is under contract, we have our couches back! BUT…it’s still a room of transition because in a few months:
- We’re going to knock down the wall between it and the kitchen to make an open floor plan.
- We’ll be losing our current ‘playroom’ because it’s really a formal dining room and we’ll be making a big kitchen.
So, it’s likely that toy storage will come into this room, at least for a few years. We’re also finishing off the basement, but real little kids aren’t likely to play down there on their own. So, a collection of toys will come into this room. That’s why I haven’t hung up any pictures or anything yet. I’m still brainstorming how to fit it all in.
But here’s what it looked like BEFORE and NOW: