One of my goals is to capture life as it is rather than rely on my memory. One of the ways that I want to do that is to take pictures of my house as it is today, so that it’s easier to remember.
Since we’ve just moved, every room is undocumented. Get ready for some pictures!
Boys Bedroom – Before
- The glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling. In both bedrooms.
- The lovely kitty & puppy wallpaper border.
- Carpet that looks pink-ish (to me anyway).
Boys Bedroom – After:
We took down the stars (easy), ripped up the carpet, removed the wallpaper (surprisingly and thankfully easy!), replaced the light fixtures with a ceiling fan, and painted everything! We painted:
- The ceiling white (you have no idea how un-white your ‘white’ ceiling really is until you paint it!)
- The woodwork white – except for the windows as I had plans to replace them, but I’m now re-thinking that.
- The closet white – you might not think it makes a big difference, but oh boy, does it!
- Sammy’s room became a soft tan color – Home Depot’s Almond Wisp
- Finn & Stephen’s room has white walls with a big silver stripe running throughout. It was the same as at the previous house and a) I still liked it and b) it was nice to keep something the same for them!
These aren’t the best pictures. We finished the room at least a few weeks ago, but then just last week, we moved Finn out of their shared room to share a room with Sammy. So the pictures don’t quite match. But it’s the pictures that I got!