38 weeks along tomorrow!
I really thought I was going into labor last Wednesday night as I started having contractions. But, clearly, nothing came of it as I’m still pregnant several days later. It got my hopes up, but I’ve re-adjusted my expectations. I know that it could likely be a little while longer.
I had my 38 week check up today – just a day shy of 38 weeks.
- I’ve barely dilated since last week, so no major progress there.
- I am having contractions, but they are super sporadic and not all that painful. Probably Braxton Hicks.
- I thought my blood pressure was high (140/70), but the nurse wasn’t concerned.
- Baby’s heart beat was right in the 130s-140s camp that it usually is.
- I’m “measuring small” again, but, again, my doctor isn’t worried since I tend to that side of the spectrum and had a growth ultrasound a few weeks ago that showed a normal size.
- I still feel lots of movement. He’s an active one! I don’t really feel any BIG movements anymore – the kind that make you believe he’s flipping around. So I think he’s head down and staying put.
- My doctor said it could be “any day”, but probably not “any day really soon”. You never know, of course, but her gut feel is that she’ll see me next week at my appointment.
- I’ve lost 5 pounds from last week, but again, we’re not worried. Losing weight isn’t unheard of in those final weeks and I had gained 2 pounds last week. I think it was my swelling going down, so a bunch of it is water weight.
We’re ready for the little guy! I wasn’t until I had the false alarm contractions last week, but since then, we’ve:
- Packed some basics in a bag (for me and him).
- Installed the infant car seat in the mini-van.
- Set up Stephen’s new crib in Finn’s room. They won’t actually share until we bring Baby #3 home, but we’re ready!