We’re re-doing our powder room. It’s a room that has bothered me since we moved in. It had icky wallpaper, icky sink top, brown tile. Just icky. And then I took off all the wallpaper and did a horrible job patching the walls. So when I repainted, there were still blotches everywhere — just now they weren’t wallpaper blotches; they were painted blotches. Slightly more subtle, but still annoyed me to no end.
So I’m re-doing it! Here’s the Way Before. The Before-We-Moved-In-And-Ever-Started-Touching-It:
And here’s the Jayme-Removed-the-Wallpaper-While-On-Maternity-Leave-In-Her-Spare-Time-And-Did-Not-Patch-The-Walls-Well:
- New paint color (even if badly applied)
- New light fixture
- Toilet has a different color lid than bowl. We’ll fix this eventually.
And here’s the After-Day-1-Removing-The-Sink-And-Vanity-Top-Staining-The-Vanity-And-First-Coat-Of-Mud-To-Fix-The-Walls:
- The hunky husband who took 1/2 a day off from work to disconnect the water and the faucet.
- The nice sister who is fixing the drywall.
- The wallpaper was behind the sink sidesplashes! It’s back!
- The stain is streaky, but it always is after the first coat. This is the same process we did to our bathroom in the last house.
- Trying out new colors.