I love recipes meant for a jelly roll pan (10×15). They’re usually fairly easy to make. They make a lot – enough for me to bring some to my co-workers and for Jeff to take some to his.
This Mississippi Mud Brownies recipe is fabulous for all those reasons above – easy, tasty and plentiful! I usually make them without nuts, but the true recipe is supposed to have them. These are definitely “eat with a fork” kind of brownies, not “grab one and head out the door” brownies.
Mississippi Mud Brownies
2 packages brownie mix (each 19.5 ounces) – and the things to make them with (eggs, oil & water usually)
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Chocolate Frosting – I use about 3/4 of a container of store-bought frosting cause that’s how I roll
1. Make the 2 packages of brownie mix according to directions.
2. Stir in chopped pecans.
3. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows.
6. Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes.
7. Microwave frosting for 45 seconds or so until pretty melted. Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake. Cool completely.