I don’t homeschool. Not sure that I will. (I guess you could make the argument that I do homeschool since I don’t send my kids to public school or anything, but really, they’re 2 and 20 months old and homeschool moms do way more than I do.)
I’m not sure that I’ve been very good this year. But I have produced another wonderful kid into this world, so please count that as being good, k? K.
This is my Christmas list.
1. Please help me to create a home that I love, and not a home that I think ‘people who don’t live here’ would love.
2. Please remind me that I don’t have great DIY skills and shouldn’t attempt too many complicated things. Scratch that, I’ll just go look at the bad paint job in my powder room – that’s enough of a reminder.
3. Can you make it so that my children sleep during the hours that I go to work, so that I don’t miss too much? I mean, I want them to sleep at night too…but if they could just pass by the time that I’m gone, that’d be great.
4. Can you help me to just magically know how to encourage my husband better? I try and I try and I get it right like 90% of the time, but the remaining 10% of the time, I usually end up looking like a dork. On an unrelated note…
5. Can you help Jeff to not notice my gray hairs (like he did yesterday)? It’s nice that he was shocked when he noticed them…but, well, he did notice them. (And please consider my tummy as an unspoken Christmas request.)
6. I’d like my blog to be, well, bloggier. I’ve become gunshy lately about posting stuff because some random stranger wrote a mean comment about how bad of a writer I am. So if you could remind me of my audience (me), that’d be nice.
7. I don’t mind doing the work of decorating our new-to-us house for Christmas, but I’m kind of overwhelmed by how to go about doing it. And after-Christmas sales are about to be here, so if you could drop some great ideas my way (you know of stuff I actually can do), I’d really appreciate it.
8. I’d like to discover some really awesome, totally tasty new recipes that are healthy and easy. (Oh, and if you can make watermelon also be a winter crop here in Nebraska, I’d totally adore that. I miss the produce stand watermelons.)
9. Can I get assurance that I’ll actually like driving a mini-van when the time comes? I mean, I see how easy that they seem to make family’s lives and I know my days of a Toyota Corolla are numbered and I know that more kids = minivan, but I’m still not looking forward to it. Tell me that I’ll look cool.
10. I’d like my photography skills to magically get better. Just poof! Great pictures of all the great moments that we have.
So, Santa – that’s my list. I’ll totally see to it that you get some milk and cookies if you can do even half of these things. k? K.
P.S. Help me stick to my grocery budget, too? That’d be really swell!
P.P.S. Since you read this, I’ll show you pictures of a cute kid wrestling with his dad.