I had a productive morning planned. My sister has taken Phinehas with her to Bible Study, where he’ll get to play with other kids. And I had typed out a grocery list and was going to accomplish major things since I have only 1 kid for a couple of hours. Grocery store. Bank. Something yummy for lunch. The grocery list wasn’t urgent, but I wanted to get it done today since I have coupons that are about to expire and 2 stores in our town are doing Double Couponing this week. I had some great deals planned!
- Got Phinehas off with my sister. He’s dressed like Tigger today since it’s Halloween.
- Got the car all loaded with the diaper bag. And coupons. And grocery list.
- Waited 30 minutes for Stephen to wake up from his nap.
- Spent 30 minutes feeding him.
- I only had about an hour left to get my grocery shopping done before Phinehas would be home, but I could handle that. That was doable.
- Load Stephen into the car seat. Holy smokes! The straps were too tight! Did they get adjusted somehow in the last week? Did he grow that much? Either way, adjust straps.
- Load Stephen into the car.
- Try to start car. No go. Dead battery.
Sigh. No grocery shopping for me. At least not this morning. Maybe this afternoon when my husband gets home and can either get my car started or I can use his car to hit the store. But gotta be back in time for the trick-or-treaters!
It isn’t a big deal, but when you’re looking forward to something (however small) and it doesn’t happen, there is a little disappointment. Oh well. Life goes on. Phinehas will be home soon and we’re gonna have mac & cheese for lunch!