As a second time mom, there are some things that I’ve been re-learning about newborns.
- How small newborns are. Well, how small my newborns are.
- Unlike 1 year olds, you have to burp them.
- Newborn baby boys can pee on their own head during diaper changes. And in their own mouths.
- A baby’s desire to have something to suck on can be INTENSE!
- Newborns get a little “milk drunk” look on their faces sometimes. It’s precious.
- How quickly they outgrow that “I’ve been scrunched up for months, so if you don’t mind, I’m just going to keep my knees bent to my chest all the time thankyouverymuch” phase.
- How you can wake up panicked in the middle of the night and immediately think “when’s the last time I heard the baby?” when they sleep for a (seemingly) long time.
- Everyone looks at your baby. Then stares at you. Then your husband. Then the baby. All trying to figure out who he looks like. Umm…he looks like a 2-day-old. In my opinion. But you can keep staring at his ears, eyes and chin if you want to. I’m not good at these kinds of things.
- They can make the strangest faces at times. And they move and startle for no apparent reason. It’s all good.