Phinehas is 18 months old! We did his check up at the pediatrician yesterday and here are his stats:
Height: 33 inches (something like 70th percentile)
Weight: 23.5 inches (somewhere around 19th percentile)
They measured his head circumference, but I don’t remember what the number was (and I can’t find the little sheet that the nurses write it down on), but it was 90% percentile. He’s always ran a bigger head than his other numbers and all the more so since his skull surgery. Tis okay.
While his weight hasn’t gone drastically up, he seems so heavy and big to me. I think it’s because now it’s easy to compare him back to the size of a newborn. Man, what a difference a year and a half makes!
Some of his favorite things:
- Planes. We’ll be inside and he’ll hear a plane, stop, point to the ceiling and say something. Not quite recognizable as ‘plane’, but he says something.
- Fruit. All kinds…except he seems to have fallen out of love with grapes. Used to love ’em. But not so much anymore.
- Climbing. Kid is all over the place! My sister calls him ‘tenacious’ because he doesn’t seem to accept no when he doesn’t want to, is into everything and on top of everything. The other day I caught him in the baby swing. He had somehow pulled himself up into it and was sitting on top of it. But then he couldn’t figure out how to get out.
- Books. Still likes to ‘read’, but doesn’t sit still for an entire book very often. Usually, we get 1/2 way through, then he goes and picks out a different book.
- Milk. He just can’t get enough of it. He acts like I’m torturing him if I offer water instead.
- Re-arranging cabinets. Maybe this is just because he sees me do it, but he’s been taking all the items out of my pantry and cupboards and moving them to different places. I’ve been doing alot of that as we get settled into our new place, so maybe he doesn’t really have a thing for canned tomatoes, but likes to imitate. Oh well — keeps him busy and out of trouble!