Our new house doesn’t have internet access yet. (It’s a long story dealing with 2 internet companies, both of which must be insanely busy and can’t get to our house until next week.)
Not having internet has been an eye-opener, to say the least. Especially in the moving/getting settled process. There’s been many times over the last week that I’ve said:
- I have all these empty moving boxes now. I’ll just get on facebook and surely someone I know could use them! Oh wait…no facebook.
- We have this extra clothes dryer now. What is the phone number for that ministry again that can take old appliances? Oh wait…no Google access.
- Man, dinner hour came really fast and I don’t have anything prepared. I’ll just order a pizza. What’s the number of the Godfather’s near us? Oh wait…no internet.
- We’re going to need some mini-blinds in these bedrooms. Wonder who has the best prices? How do you know what size to get? Oh wait…no internet.
- There was that recipe on pinterest that looked good for dinner. I think I have all the ingredients on hand. But what was the recipe again? Oh wait…no pinterest.
- I just had my 38-week check up at the dr’s office for Baby Stephen. Better get those details on my blog before I forget. Oh wait…no blogging access.
- What was the phone number for that electrician again? I think mom sent it to me in an email. Oh wait…no hotmail access.
- We’ve had lots of payments and bills lately with this move. I better go check our account balances and download things to Quicken. Oh wait…no internet.
- Phew! Lots of stuff got done today, Jeff and I can relax for a bit. Let’s go watch something on Netflix. Oh wait…no netflix.
There’s just a lot of things that I use the internet for. Far more than I expected! I’ll be glad when it’s hooked up next week.