Hello Third Trimester! So glad to meet you! Let’s have some good weeks, shall we?
Had my 28-week check up today. Again, all went well. Highlights:
- Drank the gestational diabetes orange drink and had blood work taken. If they don’t call me, then I’m fine. While the drink isn’t totally yummy, it’s not the worst thing in the world. I keep it cold and drink it with ice. I hear that helps, but since I haven’t taken it any other way, I can’t say that it does.
- Baby’s heartbeat is in the 140s – right where it’s pretty much always been.
- My weight gain is 13 pounds. 3 pounds since my last appointment (I believe), which was 5 weeks ago. I’ve been doing lots of weight lifting lately – as I’m packing boxes getting ready to move! Nothing too heavy, but lots of stairs and trips to and from the storage unit we’ve rented.
- Baby measured right on.
- He’s so incredibly more active than Phinehas was. Or, at least, I feel movement so much more than I did with Phinehas. Could be me. Could be baby. Who knows?
- The heartburn has started! A couple of Tums takes care of it, but it’s a good sign that he’s growing bigger and starting to press on my stomach.
- From now on, I go every other week until 36 weeks (I think), then it will start weekly.
I know these updates are probably boring for most people, but I like having a record of them.