Can you believe that it’s June already? HOLY BUCKETS PEOPLE!
Anyway, we have our anatomy scan this week at my 20-week appointment. (WOW — This pregnancy is about 1/2 over!) And so, we’ll be finding out if it’s a boy or a girl.
I’m hoping it’s a boy because:
- It’d be really neat to see Phinehas grow up with a little brother close to him in age. Maybe they’ll have more in common this way?
- These two kiddos will likely share a room. If they’re both boys, then they can share indefinitely!
- We’ll probably be able to re-use many of Phinehas’ clothing.
- Boys are awesome!
I’m hoping it’s a girl because:
- Growing up, I always wanted an older brother, so I’d like to make that older brother/younger sister dream come true for some little girl.
- It’d be really neat to see Phinehas interact with a baby sister and it might lessen some competitiveness between 2 siblings if they are different genders.
- Girls have wayyyyy cuter clothing than boys.
- Girls are awesome!
Either way, I can’t lose. I mean, it’s baby! No matter what parts it is, it will be loved. It will be ours. It will be awesome!
If you happen to believe in Old Wive’s Tales, then here’s what Baby Moe is:
- How you carry says Girl since I’m carrying high. (Which is really difficult to judge at 20 weeks when I’m hardly showing and not even in maternity clothing yet.)
- Heart rate says Girl since the heartbeats have all been above 140. (But they also match what Phinehas’ was when I was pregnant with him. He’s definitely a boy.)
- Cravings says Boy since I’m craving salty instead of sweets instead of sour/salty. (That is a real change for me, but, in general, we’ve been trying to eat healthier, so maybe that has more to do with it than the baby.)
- Acne says Boy since I don’t really have any (girls will steal your beauty…apparently)
- Cold Feet says Girl since I have don’t have cold feet.
- Wedding Ring Swing says Girl since holding it over my belly on a string makes it swing back and forth instead of in a circle.
- Chinese Birth Chart says Girl.
- Mayan Birth Chart says Girl since my age (33) and the year (2013) are both odd.
- Husband Gaining Weight Theory says Boy since my husband isn’t really gaining weight either (course, we’ve been eating healthier)
- Morning Sickness Theory says Boy since I haven’t had any.
Girl Indicators: 6. Boy Indicators: 4 I think they’re all bunk anyway, but we’ll see!