These chocolate chip cookies just scream out “I LOVE YOU!” especially when you pair them with a glass of cold milk. At least that’s what these cookies say in our house. A great recipe that comes from somewhere (but I don’t know where – it’s written on a sticky note in my recipe binder). They are soft and wonderful. You should make them.
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1.5 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (or more!)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda. Mix until just combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Try not to eat the dough while you put on ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
8. Serve warm with a glass of milk.