A while back, I asked several woman what their partner (boyfriend, fiance, husband) did well in asking them out. Today is part 1 of their responses:
- Asking a girl out the first time is bravery. Asking the same girl out a second time after she said no the first time is pursuing. Asking the same girl out for a third time after she said no the first and second time is stalking. Stop after #2.
- He told me clearly that he enjoyed our conversations and wanted to pursue a dating relationship with me. He asked if he could call me.
- He was very clear that he was asking me on a date.
- He asked me if we could start a relationship.
- He was really clear when asking me out that it was “on a date” and not just a random movie.
- I appreciated that he didn’t tell a friend to tell me that he was interested. He asked me himself. To do otherwise is so junior high.