Jeff declared today Jayme Day! I’ve had a busy week and didn’t really have any downtime. Jeff saw that and in his thoughtfulness, he declared today Jayme Day. The rules: we could do pretty much anything I wanted to today. Even if that was nothing. So how am I spending my day?
- Slept in later than normal.
- Had breakfast in bed – eggs and cinnamon raisin toast and apple juice.
- Went for a run. My 5K is in 3 weeks, so I ran 3 miles NON-STOP. Holy buckets!
- Complimented my husband on his new hair cut.
- Played Merchant of Venice. A board game that I’ve never won, Jeff has rarely lost (even when we play with friends), but that I still love to play. I might ask him to play it again tonight.
- Opened some windows in the apartment – it was getting kind of stuffy!
- Ate lunch. I made Bowtie Pasta with Sausage earlier in the week, so we had leftovers.
- Made a pizza casserole for dinner tomorrow. Bonnie’s recipe. We usually have friends over for dinner on Sundays. So, tomorrow, all I gotta do is pop it in the oven.
- Made homemade spaghetti sauce. Bonnie’s recipe.
- Blogged on my laptop while watching “P.S. I Love You”. Yeah, a chick flick.
- Put together some tentative plans for a future date with Jeff. (Shh…it’s a surprise!)
Tonight, we’ll probably:
- Have more leftovers for dinner. We have a smorgasboard of them in our fridge.
- Go to Dairy Queen for Blizzards. I have a Buy One, Get One Free coupon that’ll expire soon.
- Snuggle on the couch and watch “The Prestige” – we got it in on NetFlix.
That’s what I wanted to do. Boring I know. I didn’t really want to go anywhere. I didn’t really want to schedule anything. Just wanted to bum around, do some things that I enjoy and be still. And that’s exactly what I got!
Picture of the homemade spaghetti sauce simmering away…delish!