I made a list this summer of some of the things that I want to remember. Time to add to that list!
The boys aren’t significantly older than they were then, but we’re always adding to the list of things that I hope I can hold onto in my mind. Lately:
- When Phinehas wakes up earlier than Stephen, he asks to make Peanut Butter toast. We then sit outside on our back deck and look at the stars. Our house backs up to a trail and a wooded area and it is DARK outside and you can see the stars perfectly. We don’t stay long — either a toddler’s attention is hard to hold, it gets too cold or we hear Stephen wake up.
- We look for the turkeys every day and we see them most days. I think they sleep in a tree right behind our house.
- Stephen usually always has something in his hands. It started with a plastic toy magnifying glass, but lately, it doesn’t matter — a spatula is often a favorite thing to hold.
- Both boys love to be naked after their bath and to “run” down the hall. When there are no more babies at our house, I’m gonna miss the sound of giggles and the sight of little baby butts running down the hall.
- We’re using up our last days of being a family without a mini-van. We just bought one last night and we’ll have it on Saturday. For 2.5 years now, the boys & I have done quite well in my little Corolla, but I’m looking forward to a car that Finn can get in and out of by himself (obviously, he’ll still need help with his carseat.)
- How every once in a while, Finn wants to be rocked before he falls asleep. “Mama, Rocky You”. He really means “Mama, Rock Me”.
- Phinehas’ language has just skyrocketed in the last few months. Out of nowhere, complete sentences are there. Common ones: “I do all by myself” and “Mama, stop doing that.”
- I’m struck at how much they look alike. Will this continue? So intriguing! Here are pictures of both boys at the same ages: